Install issues, no next button, 500 internal server error

edward tivrusky Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

So when i load all the files into my web server, then nav to the front page this is what it looks like no styling no next button

screenshot

Then if i do ANYTHING at all even load another file into that folder I will get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago
  1. Your screenshot lists two lines with "required"
  2. the web server's error log will do for now
    OSSN comes with it's own error log file in your OSSN installation directory, but I doubt we'd find there any lines of interest as long as we're running into an Internal Server Error which prevents any further code execution.
Afrikaans Edward tivrusky Replied 9 years ago

Just curious how were you able to tell which prereqs i had and did not?

Also from where are you looking for logs? is there a logging system in place in ossn or just my server logs in general

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Hi Edward,

simply provide the error log and there'll be a much better chance that we can see what's going wrong instead of just guessing.

As the installation page is already telling us your server is missing 2 necessary prerequisites:
- allowurlfopen (a PHP setting)
- mod_rewrite (a webserver setting)

So please contact your provider and ask him how to enable these settings. Most likely this error is thrown because of some lines in OSSN's .htaccess file the server can't handle as long as those prerequisites can't be satisfied.