Is there no one to help me in this community? I need help upgrading my site

Abayomi Oladipupo Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

Please I am having a little problem about my site, in the course of self manual upgrading, i deleted some files, and it caused a great damage to the site, and now i have found a place where seems to be contain some of the files, but how do i reconfigure it?
Secondly, if user want to edit their profile, they will edit it but will trigger the following message when they want to save it.

"{A system error has occurred. Please try again later. You may email the details of this error to the system administrator at [email protected].
exception "OssnDatabaseException" with message "Unknown column "location" in "field list" UPDATE ossn_users SET `first_name` = "System",`last_name` = "Administrator",`email` = "[email protected]",`location` = "Location Country" WHERE guid="1" " in /home/facemech/public_html/classes/OssnDatabase.php:77 Stack trace: #0 /home/facemech/public_html/classes/OssnDatabase.php(120): OssnDatabase->execute() #1 /home/facemech/public_html/components/OssnProfile/actions/edit.php(103): OssnDatabase->update(Array) #2 /home/facemech/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.actions.php(51): include_once("/home/facemech/...") #3 /home/facemech/public_html/system/handlers/actions.php(12): ossn_action("profile/edit") #4 {main}  -]"

Can someone mail me to [email protected] if there is any help you can do for me, as i dont know the next step to take anymore
Thank You.

Replies
ng Abayomi Oladipupo Replied 9 years ago

Please, ifthere is anything you can do for me, please mail me to [email protected] and i will send you the login information for cPanel and admin backend

Please, With this, what can i do, as where i went to add locations are two to three places
1st, in the public_html/components/aboutuser/plugins/default/profile/about.php
2nd, in the public_html/components/OssnProfile/plugins/default/forms/OssnProfile/edit.php and
3rd, in the public_html/components/verified-account/plugins/default/profile/pages/profile.php

See I don't want to lost this codes,
what help can you do for me?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

> So now, you have a database looking for "Location" when there's no PHP code to support the location field. That was your first errror...

Can't agree. The database is always the passive part. It's not "looking", it's being looked up. By the PHP code.

Anyway, before we go on guessing, please provide your error log and we can see what's going wrong.
Most likely you're still trying to use your customized code instead of a clean 3.7 package.

At Zetman, Only what remains on my site now is to make the editing of profile to work back as normal, as it is now, no user can update their profile at all,
can you please help me look into it?

Thank you.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

copied from new thread (deleted) ...

>
Hello Arsalan, Please, I need to re-install fresh files for my site, I have deleted the old files from my site and now, what i found out is, when user want to edit their profiles on their about pages it gives a blank white page without given any information.
could you please come by and see what is going on at http://facemechat.com
Thanks.

As Arsalan already told you some time ago: Please, stop creating numerous new threads for the same problem.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

I saw your website, it seems you delete database and created new one , if you didn't have backup of database you can't get users back.

We provide support for upgrade if you didn't edited any core files otherwise the upgrade process for us to take longer time.

Since you followed upgrade process i am sure you have backup?

https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/708/how-to-upgrade-ossn

Hello Arsalan,
I saw the about block added in Paritosh Pandey side, and I asked him to do it on my site too, and he did it, and when he did, everything was working fine, but i added the location names of states in my country via about users components/default/plugins/edit.php and ossn-profile/default/......... /about.php, everything was working fine until I wanted to upgrade the site to v.3.7, but die to my little experience in php coding, I lost my ways, how? I downloaded v.3.7, and uploaded to the root of my site using direct uploading file using cpanel, and moved the files and name another folder for them, and when I extracted it, it does nothing to the site neither can I upgrade the site, so I left the files there, but after 10-12 hrs, it sprout itself by loading a new file and redirect the main site to http://facemechat.com/installation
But I then remove all files in the site and reinstall another copy of ossn, the copy the moved files to the public_html, but all accounts and users, were lost, this is what I am now

Please help me to reconfigure the site
Thanks

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

Since you made changes in action files we are not aware what you changed. We can't provide you solution unless we have more infomation like :

• Which file you edited
  • How you inserted location?
Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions