Phishing attack alert on site. HELP!

Joe Ocean Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

I'm getting a phishing attack alert when I visit my site. The alert reads:

"Phishing attack ahead

Attackers on example.com might try to trick you to steal your information (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)."

I contacted my host and the their scan report said there was suspicious/malicious code in /classes/mail/class.smtp.php

I downloaded a fresh file from the site and replaced the old one but I am still having the issue.

I've run all the files and my computer through avast and malwarebytes and they aren't finding anything.

To make matters worse, the security error isn't coming up in Google's Search Console so I can't get them to review it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
us D M Replied 9 years ago

If you are using the "Fake User" component, that could be the problem because I've noticed that the fake email accounts generated from it are all from example.com, .net. org and etc. After seeing this thread, I've decided to remove the Fake User as a precaution.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

Your website is on HIT LIST maybe, There is nothing we can help you with this. You can either change your website hosting service or contact google and tell them its mistake.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Please, refer to https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug, Travis.
There is no OSSN commnunity on example.com.

ng Abayomi Oladipupo Replied 9 years ago

The problem should be from your server I think, use Linux and see what it will give you
Thanks