Ossn v4.0 RC (release candidate) version has been released, only for testing

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

OSSN - OPEN SOURCE SOCIAL NETWORK 4.0 RC

Ossn v4.0 RC has been released and its only for testing and not meant for production use. You can not upgrade until final version releases.

The purpose of beta version is to test it. If you wanted to report any issue please report it to github https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/issues

If you didn't provide error_log or steps to reproduce issue , your issue will be closed without solving so please follow the guide lines before reporting issue.

CHANGES:

• Questionable behavior on too small profile cover #638
  • Oinitial crashing if OssnComments module is disabled #645
  • Notifications crashing if OssnMessages module is disabled #646
  • Make post text and tagged friends inline.
  • Datepicker display glitch on administrator/edituser #637
  • Member name overlapping user icon on viewport < 1200px (on search result list) #642
  • Group(-owner) name overlapping group icon on viewport < 1200px #644
  • Comment field overlapping user icon on viewport < 1200px #640
  • Latest chat message almost completely hidden #648
  • getFriendsPosts missing access index.
  • Show only a user posts on homepage.

You can download it from here: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/downloads/ossn-v4.0RC1-1450634650.zip

Replies
Afrikaans Lijo mathew Replied 8 years ago

please add usser registeration ok messege popup and redirect login page or auto login [set admin options ]

us Jeremy Monroe Replied 8 years ago

@Nathan
Open up a browser and go to www.google.com --> Type in website to mobile app generator and you will see multiple options to do what you wish to do.

Might I remind you though, this will be unncessary as 4.0 is fully responsive and there isn't a need to build a mobile app. Clicking on the browser icon on your mobile device is the same as clicking on a web app icon on your mobile device.

Fully responsive means it will display the website with the same results.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

@Nathan Edwards

Now, that we have a fully responsive, mobile friendly Ossn 4.0:
What kind of advantages are you still expecting from a native Android/iPhone Ossn app?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

@Nathan, we don't have plan to make native app at the moment.

@Umang, its under development mode, did you tried to enable cache?

We tried v4 on smallest possible server 512MB RAM and its worked faster than 1.x - 3.x

in Umang chauhan Replied 8 years ago

their are some problems bro like not fast responsive script like v3.9 the messege icon dosent clicks and many more

gb Nathan Edwards Replied 8 years ago

so with this version be more mobile friendly/responsive is there still going to be an app made or still we be stuck with just getting a website type app to display the site in the "friendly way"

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

@Larry
Two days ago you wrote:
> i want to be a beta tester

Getting yourself the release candidate will answer most your questions, I think.
You don't have to register, you don't have to sign a non-disclosure agreement: Just go for it!

Afrikaans Larry morgan Replied 8 years ago

i can't wait till this comes out i hope it will be mobile compatible and also have the feature to upload videos like facebook.

us Jeremy Monroe Replied 8 years ago

Version 4.0 language pack is available as well for Tagalog. If anyone needs it, please visit the Download/Components page to download Language Pack 4.0. Thanks.