Warning, Ossn v4.1 and the facebook style theme, and community changes.

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have to tell you few things:

Use of theme similar facebook layout

Due to the facebook copyright issue and the recent notice from facebook on facebook style theme, In next version v4.1 the facebook theme support will be removed.

The facebook theme would be available on github for use but there would be no support for it.

That was the reason we created the different responsive theme.

We suggest everyone to use Go Blue theme instead of facebook theme to avoid issues from facebook.

Community Discussion Topics
In recent changes to community website, the off-topic discussions or the discussions with no answers will automatically get deleted after 3 days.

Thanks

Arsalan Shah
Team Leader
Open Source Social Network

Replies
ph Huck Jones Replied 8 years ago

It's just a matter of time to get Facebook's attention and take offence. Of course the UI elements and layout is their property and any unauthorised use would be met with litigation, so I guess we have no choice but to comply. 'Sides, it's more or less a reference skin anyway, and anyone who's serious with coming up with their own social network should use a different skin and not just ride on FB's coattails.

In my case however, I run Fegelbook as a parody of Facebook, and as such is protected under fair use. I may however comply with their complaints just in case, but generally I don't think that using their UI to poke fun at them or as a commentary would hurt.

do Lisandro Nuñez Replied 8 years ago

Hi Arsalan,

As I can upgrade to version 4.1?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Yes, Sally.

German Sally Kirtomy Replied 8 years ago

Hi Arsalan,

does this refer to the theme Ossn First 3.0?

Regards
Sally K.