Delete Registration Form

Blaine Klingaman Posted in Beginning Developers 8 years ago

Hello,

I created a Join Page that will simultaneously register a new member with OSSN, XCART, and my AFFILIATE PROGRAM.... therefore I want to DELETE The Registration from from the home page of OSSN... to see my home page please visit: http://isexypartynetwork.net/hotu/

How/Where/What file may I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Awaiting your reply,
Blaine Klingaman

Replies
us Jeremy Monroe Replied 7 years ago

Open up the file on your site via FTP /cache/css/somelongnumber/view and edit the file ossn.default.css

Find the line:
ossn-widget {

Add this to it after the bracket:

display: none;

So it should look like this:

.ossn-widget {
somestuff:somestuff;
somestuff:somestuff;
display: none;
}

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

You have to develop a component which is replacing the original registration form by your own one and change the unwanted input vars to constants connected to hidden input fields. You cannot simpy delete them because they're going to be used throughout Ossn.

Afrikaans LIU CHAOQUN Replied 7 years ago

how can idelete some signup fields?
i do not need too many fields.

au David Reid Replied 8 years ago

Hi Blaine,

I think I am trying to do what you did with your site.

I want to disable the sign up for on the home page and just invite people within my company. It will be a social site just for my company.

Zoltan gave me these directions but I do not know how to do them. Can you please help me with this?

His instructions were -
mail-invite everyone with an unique activation link to your OSSN, before you send your invitation, you have to make the activation link from username and password with md5 or something and a small php script file where the activation link goes to. This file register the users username and password in OSSN then they can login.

us Blaine Klingaman Replied 8 years ago

Hello Ardalan Shah,

When I downloaded the "Disable Signup Component" (to my Mac) it was saved as a folder..... I tried downloading it using "FireFox" and it allowed me the option to download it as a .zip file.

So, then I was able to install the component in my Admin and then I Enabled it, but it still does not DELETE the Registration Form.... WHAT IS WRONG?

I tried Flushing Cache and that does not help?

Awaiting your reply,
Blaine Klingaman
P.S. I am using Version 4

Here's the address to my OSSN: http://isexypartynetwork.net/hotu/

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

> At this point I'd rather not mess with a Component that does not seem
> to work, no matter what I do with it.

Did you installed the component ? and then enabled it from components page?

> CAN SOME PLEASE SIMPLY TELL WHAT FILE I NEED TO ALTER TO DELETE THE
> REGISTRATION FORM?

Modifying core files cause the issues for upgrades and can lead to many other issue, we suggest you to not to touch core files. If later it caused issue during upgrade, no one will offer you support because no one knows what you changed. The registration form resides in system/plugins/default/forms/signup.php

Hello,

At this point I'd rather not mess with a Component that does not seem to work, no matter what I do with it.

CAN SOME PLEASE SIMPLY TELL WHAT FILE I NEED TO ALTER TO DELETE THE REGISTRATION FORM?

Looking forward to your reply,
Blaine.

Thanks Eric F.

This particular component: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/1387/disable-signup does not allow me to install it into my OSSN.

French Eric F. Replied 8 years ago

Hi Blaine,

To install a component, simply go to the adrministration -> Components -> Installer

Thanks Ardalan,

I never installed a component before, are there Quick Instructions somewhere?

WHAT I TRIED:
I tried replacing "ossncom.php" & "issncom.xml" on my server with the same named files from the "DisableSignup" folder and FTPed "signup.php" into the /plugins/default/forms folder.....

I opened my OSSN Page, refreshed the browser and the Registration Form still appears on the page, what did I do wrong?

Awaiting your reply,
Blaine.