Unable to create database named ossn in godaddy hosting

Aysha Paten Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

I am trying to install/deploy the social networking software at godaddy paid hosting with linux cpanel. When I try to create database as "ossn", it does not create it and says the database already exists. I went to phpmyadmin and found no database. I did fully reset my hosting account deleting all databases and other files under my hosting. But, it is the same situation.
I plan to install opensource social network on my domain at my paid godaddy hosting.
It will be great help if someone can explain all the minor major steps to deploy ossn right from scratch to a running social network site.
One more question; Can I put my own logo, name, and other settings in this ossn site?
Thanks a lot.

Replies
us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 8 years ago

I would run a number of different sites on the same server with each site having a different focus. I would name my databases accordingly to match the associated site. I would do the same with my xxx_data folders as well.

ae Aysha Paten Replied 8 years ago

@Arsalan Shah.
Thanks. So I can create database with a different name. I will give it a try and start installing it right now.

@Curt Guldenschuh.
When I click into MySQL databases, there is no database created.
And at phpmyadmin, there is none as well. Only information_schema is there.
No. It didn't show as I did not create any database/databases.

Thank you both for your replies.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

I think sometime your phpmyadmin don't shows databases you have to look into 'MySQL databases' into your cpanel account.

You can create different database name its not required that you need the database 'ossn'

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 8 years ago

Is your CPanel showing any databases when you go to the databases page? Your phpmyadmin should have a couple databases created by your hosting service. Does it show any databases created by you?