Can not upload pictures on mobile phone...on the desktop it works fine

Adrian Florea Posted in Technical Support 8 years ago

Hello ,
I am having a problem with uploading pictures when I use my mobile android phone.The feature is not functional but it works fine on the desktop computer.Any thoughts on how to fix this bug?
Thanks
Adrian

Replies
Catalan Adrian Florea Replied 8 years ago

Fixed it..the problem was not the server..neither your code..is something about the way Android treats coding for apps.My app ORACOL incorporates the social component (OSSN) as the first option at the top (in Romania we call Oracol special notebooks where friends write messages ..use to be very cool before the internet era)
When I was opening the OSSN from within the app it was not triggering the choice menu for pictures ( camera,gallery ,documents..)
When I was accessing it from the phone browser directly (Chrome) ORACOL it was working perfectly.So I have configured the app to open the phone default browser and it works perfectly.
Thanks for trying to help.
Adrian

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Adrian,
2 days ago you reported that your server was giving you unacceptable response times. And I was giving you some hints what to do in cases like that (https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/1230/open-social-network-on-free-hosting).

Now, you opened a new thread and (with having your old problem still in mind) I asked: What changes did you make to your system?

Actually i was expecting an answer like "Yep I changed my provider", but instead it looks like you were trying to install Ossn on the same faulty server again and again!?

As a windows user you may be used to the experience that after 50 reboots and repeatedly doing the same steps some magic might happen in the end. But Ossn isn't Windows - it's based on Unix or Linux. And the latter ones are known to either run a software package reliably or to run a software package reliably not.

In other words: Trying to install Ossn on the same machine 3 times or more cannot lead to a different result. Thus my suggested steps are:

1. make sure Ossn is running on a reliable server
  2. install the "system info" component and we'll see whether there are still upload restrictions that have to be changed to your requirements.

just to clarify..when I press the image icon the "choose File" button appears but is not functional .If I tap it ..it does not open the menu where you have the choice for upload the picture from - (camera..documents..etc)...weird

am i missing something in the install steps? please direct me to the link where the install steps are listed..thanks
Adrian

Hi ..I did 3 fresh installs so far and the problem is still there..I even tried and created the ini file as you suggested...It drives me crazy...here is my htaccess file

<IfModule modphp5.c>
php
value memorylimit 128M
php
value registerglobals 0
php
value postmaxsize 8388608
phpvalue uploadmaxfilesize 5242880
php
value default_charset "UTF-8"
</IfModule>

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Yesterday you reported you were not able to upload any pictures at all:

> ...I am unable to upload any pics....all the steps work fine up to update info ( i can choose the pic..and the site seems to do some background work) but the picture fails to upload ...I have checked the config files and locations and it seems to be fine. I have tried to change my profile pic and cover pic.
The "Add album" button is dead

What changes did you make to your system?