What did i do wrong upgrading? all photos are gone from site but not data directory

stefan keyes Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

I'm sure i did the upgrade correct going by the upgrade instructions. but after upgrade everyone's photos had disappeared. the data folder is still set to the correct location and the image files are still in the right place. also the sql database still has all its information in it. so I'm not too sure what happened here. Any Ideas? thanks

enter image description here

Replies
gb Stefan keyes Replied 7 years ago

@Zet Man at first i did follow through correctly but i had ran into another issue doing it that way (maybe related to how i host) when i kept the original configuration folder and removed the rest of the old OSSN files (except data) i got this error in pic. so i had to redo the whole configuration again to get it working again

Edit: not sure if it could be xampp related cause i do host at home and i know thats not recommended. but the site does work. right now it is just the youtube links now not displaying. everything else is running perfectly

Edit: its basically a fresh install now except the database and ossn_data but yeah still no youtube videos showing up in posts. just blank while other posts and comments still working 100%

enter image description here

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Stefan,
your report makes me wonder: If you followed the instructions correctly - especially

Remove old Ossn installation from your site, `except the folder named configurations` and your Ossn data directory.

the configurations folder should have been left in place. Actually, none of the files in it are touched by the upgrade process, and that's why I don't understand why the trailing slash should be missing all of a sudden?!?

@Arsalan Shah actually now youtube video links are not showing. just a blank post. no error logs have came through when i turned it on and refreshed the news feed.

@Arsalan Shah found it out thanks. if anyone else faces this issue check your ossn.config.site.php again mine had a missing "/"

it was $Ossn->userdata = 'D:\ossn_data';

instead of "$Ossn->userdata = 'D:\ossn_data/';" <--- this layout was the correct one

requires the "/" at the end of the destination link

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

Enable error reporting in your admin panel -> basic settings. And reload newsfeed page again now go to your file manager and find the error_log in root of OSSN files. And let us know what you see in it.