Translate my website language to customer require language.

hello oye Posted in General Discussion 7 years ago

strong text
i need to add google translator code to my website landing page, So customer come to my site from around the space, & whatever their mother language they can convert it and than login, Right now people are facing problem, As all of them dont understand English. Your help would be highly appreciated.

Code========================================================================
<div id="googletranslateelement"></div><script type="text/javascript">
function googleTranslateElementInit() {
new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en', layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.SIMPLE}, 'googletranslateelement');
}

</script><script type="text/javascript" src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

I can't recommend making use of the Google translator because

1. used in the top position the too much wide selector won't fit on smaller displays
  2. the translator does not translate input field placeholders - you'll end up with a language mixup of your native language and English not only in the registration form but throughout Ossn.
  3. on the other hand the translator is stupid enough to translate your member names in case they include translatable parts :)
  4. with respect to the privacy of your members it's not really a good idea to make Google catch everything they're posting on the wall.

That is: If you're really interested in running a Ossn community on a serious base, you better translate the site yourself. A How-To is available at
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/2132/how-to-translate-ossn

us Hello oye Replied 7 years ago

Here is my website:

africadynasty.com, i try to install google translator code on it on the login page but it is not working. If i made any change from the back-end, it wont work, As the site represent African culture, So if someone from africa try to login they dont understand english, and wont be able to create account.. Please help me..

ng Moneya Replied 7 years ago

What have you tried?