Attention OSSN v4.4 GUI, feedback required

Arsalan Shah Posted in Theme Development 7 years ago

Hello Members, We are working to improve GUI, we are thinking to do following with goblue theme:

1. A sidebar (black one) always open by default.
  2. A chat with long list on right side of page should have small width, only shows a large user picture only and no names.

Please let us know what you think... the decision shall be made as per your replies.

Thanks

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Curt,
would you mind to explicitely name the "good things" you were hoping to come?

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 7 years ago

I don't follow crowds so I am more than sure that my response will not be popular. I was really hoping for good things to come...my first mistake. I installed 4.4 and I find a lot that I do not care for. The interface is cumbersome and awkard. When you expand the bar on the left the icons on the top bar migrate off page. It is pasty looking. It is visually unappealing and difficult to read. It is unintuitive. The comment system seems to always be a step behind. Seriously, I did try to find something that I did like about the new version, but in my opinion it just keeps sliding downhill. It is good in theory, however it appears to be left behind in the dust of other social networks available.

My apologies for such a negative sounding response, however these are my honest and true feelings about this new version. As a programmer, I am sure you understand you will always get some positive and some negative feedback. If you did not take all options into account you would be shortchanging not only your customers and users but also yourself.

In all seriousness, I wish you well with your endeavor with OSSN. I support you in your efforts even though I cannot in all honesty utilize your program in it's current state. I have to also take into account my customers and what they will or will not use.

Indonesian Riki Effendi Replied 7 years ago
  1. i think you should make small name bellow the picture. it will help to find someone who use random profile pict. and please make it order by online to not online.
Dutch Julio Delacruz Replied 7 years ago

A sidebar (black one) always open by default. >> that's nice

A chat with long list on right side of page should have small width, only shows a large user picture only and no names.
I should have at least. Small names because how do we know who and what we are talking about?

1. Has an error when I comment something, comment and duplicate automatically
    Usually happens when I'm on my cell phone.

2. Not You still have the option to exclude comments for administrators. Only you have the option to edit comments.

3. Was to have the option to see who is online by the dashboard.

4. Charge options. Made administrator was to have moderator position they could have privileges of just editing things from

the site plus he could not have privileges to delete anything from the dashboard.

1. Should have a component to enable GIF in profile.
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

Hi Claus, thanks for your reply, the sidebar on mobile or small devices will be closed by default. However it will be open for larger devices only.

German Claus Lampert Replied 7 years ago

1.) Most of my clients use normal pc with 1920*1080 Resolution. I would like to see the sidebar open by default. But on mobile devices?
2.) The chat is seldom used on my site. It would be ok for me when it would be smaller.

pk Malik Umer Farooq Replied 7 years ago

[Comment Deleted as off-topic $arsalan]