Problem with OSSN Chat

OSSN USER Posted in General Discussion 7 years ago

Hi,
I am testing my network and i have a problem with the chat.
The tab of the instant messenger on the down of the page is not displayed and when we click on a pseudo in the user list, the chat windows don't open .

Thanks to help me.

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

> I don't know where you see it is not the 4.3.1 version package.

To give just one example:
Ossn 4.3.1 doesn't include a half naked woman as a background picture.
And you did a lot of other changes under the hood, you either forgot to mention or you were not willing to tell us.

Anyway, and as I said before: We're trying our best to bring the base Ossn up and running, but it's beyond our capabilities to repair any kind of customized installations, as this may become a full time job.

Dutch OSSN USER Replied 7 years ago

I don't know where you see it is not the 4.3.1 version package. I made ALL the install with this version. In all way i am tired about that. I reinstalled all as it was. It is boring . I will see with another host

Besides all that:

This is still not the original Ossn 4.3.1 installation package you are running.

Please revert to the original installation.

Your cache is still enabled - please disable it.
It's no good idea to have cache enabled while still changing this and that on your site, because you might get a mix-up of several different/intermediate stages.

Cache is the last thing to enable when you're satisfied with the look and feel of your site and everything runs flawlessly.

Yes i deactivated them and reactivated them after.
Now i deactivated all the additional components (i just kept the system info component).
I also put the original files (css + topbar).

I still have the problem

> desactivated my components to see if it came from that.

Your Private Network compoment is still active.
The ossninfo page is not reachable for me because of that.

I've installed the 1.5 version of System Info.

I've also made some checks.
I resinstalled the original CSS files and i desactivated my components to see if it came from that.
I still have the same problem.
I also looked on another network i made. On this network only changed the topbar, i didn't touch to the CSS ... i have the same problem...

I think it is my f###### (censored) host ...

There's a new Version 1.5 of the System-Info component available which will hopefully handle your missing POSIX functions a little smarter.

Please, de-install your current system-info and install the latest one.

Maybe it comes from my host.
My customizations have nothing to see with that. I just changed to colors in the CSS. I don't touch to the javascript. I am not stupid enough

1. This is a cheap Windows host which isn't even able to run the simple system-info page.
    Read https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/706/how-to-install-open-source-social-network for the necessary prerequistes for running OSSN flawlessly.

2. Your own customizations are making things even worse. The trouble already starts with a missing javascript library on the front-page which leads to a no longer working datepicker.

Please understand, that we are unable to follow and support twisted installations of that kind.