Blank Template Page for Social Network

David Allen Posted in Beginning Developers 7 years ago

Hi

I am looking to create a blank template page, like the 404 without the 404 information, that I can then use for linking to for the onsite advertisements.

Using the 404 as the starting point, does not pull through the theme? Any suggestions?

Thank you

Replies
gb David Allen Replied 7 years ago

Good Afternoon

Many thanks, I used Malik_Secret, and created a new compent per advert.

Thanks

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Yep, that's correct. Since using the Ossn error handler for generating regular pages is the wrong approach.

As i said: Use Malik's component instead, replace his html in Secret.php with yours and you'll get what you want.
And as long as you're not trying to use this component twice, you wouldn't even need to change anything else.

gb David Allen Replied 7 years ago

Hi

Sorry, I'm quiet non technical - I was trying to ask for help creating a template which has the Social Network header and footer, which the space in the middle for text / content of the page. This will then allow the hyperlink of an advert to be pointed to a populated version of the template, keeping the look and feel of the social network.

I used the 404 error page, as a starting point as I could semi understand the header and footer elements, and then replace the 404 error the required content.

However when I go back to the page on a different session the header / footer styling/ formating has gone.

Thanks

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

As for the basic concept of enhancing Ossn, first have a look at https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/737/how-to-write-a-simple-component-for-ossn and other component related docs.

Next, there are already some components available which display an extra page, like Malik_Secret for example. Adapt it to your request and you're done.

In doubt, make your code available on Github. That's telling much more than a mysterious question like "Using the 404 as the starting point, does not pull through the theme?"