How can I use OSSN with 1&1? I don't want to switch hosting though.

Hayden Brown Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

Hello,
How can I use OSSN with 1&1? I've just tried it and when I go to try and set it up it doesn't come up.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Please provide the url of your site - I'll have a look

gb Hayden Brown Replied 7 years ago

The only thing that comes up when I run it with Chrome is the code. Should I be using FileZilla or something else for FTP?

So let's verify whether the module is installed at all

create a new file named myphp.php in your Ossn main directory, enter the following code

<?php
  phpinfo();
 ?>

save it and run it from your browser. It'll display a lot of stuff - the interesting part is the Loaded Modules section for now ...
Is mod_rewrite included or not?
https://newblue.ongolito.net/demofiles/discussion-2572/mod_rewrite.png

Yes. The only thing that is red is MOD_REWRITE.

Is mod_rewrite the only item displayed in red?

I'm just asking because if you're getting a "configuration directory not writeable", too,
then this can be an inherited issue because the installer is unable to write the .htaccess file.
(As Dan mentioned already one day ago)

Ok. I'm really sorry I forgot about time zones. Take your time Dan and Zet, I know that mod_rewrite isn't enabled I need to know how to enable it.

Catalan Dan Dowson Replied 7 years ago

Sorry, I work and I'm on the west coast of Canada, so our times are a little off, and I just got home, it's 2AM here, need sleep, I'll see what I can come up with in the am

Hayden,
please have in mind that this is no 24/7 paid support - people are trying to help you in their spare time. It ain't working like 'the louder you cry, the sooner you'll get an answer'. Even more, if the member on the other end is living in a different time zone.

But back to your last question. You are not sure whether mod_write is enabled on your machine or not. So, here's a screenshot to show you how it looks like if it IS enabled.
https://newblue.ongolito.net/demofiles/discussion-2572/ossn-pre-requisites.png

Hello? I take it you're not helping me anymore.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions