How can I use OSSN with 1&1? I don't want to switch hosting though.

Hayden Brown Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

Hello,
How can I use OSSN with 1&1? I've just tried it and when I go to try and set it up it doesn't come up.

Replies
us Roger Ghostraven Replied 7 years ago

Hayden,

I have experience with 1&1 and you're on a tough path. Getting things like MOD_REWRITE and other PHP packages enabled is tough with them because changes like that effect everyone that's sharing the web server you are on.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Good evening, Hayden.

First of all: be assured that the Ossn zip package doesn't include any obsolete files.
Next: as long as you're not running your own server, all those necessary pre-requisites are under control of your provider. Hence please contact the 1&1 support for assistance on that mod_rewrite issue.

gb Hayden Brown Replied 7 years ago

Another thing. I've found a file called apache_rewrite.php and I don't know if that's important. It only has the number 1 written in it though.

gb Hayden Brown Replied 7 years ago

Right. Update: I've managed to get the setup loaded but now I get MOD_REWRITE REQUIRED. How would I fix this?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions