When I invite friends to join my network, the email invitation goes into the spam folder.

Jessie Abernathy Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

How do I prevent my email invitations from going into the spam folder when I invite someone to join my network?

This may be beyond the scope of OSSN, however I couldn't help but ask.

=====Required Information========

I am using Ubuntu Server 16.04 to run OSSN server.
My domain name is www.hikesforhomelessness.org

I installed sendmail in order to send email messages from my server.

I am also a NEWBIE so be gentle :)

All I really am looking for is maybe a point in the right direction ......

ALSO:

I wanted to thank Zetman for helping me to get my pictures working ! :) Thank You!

Replies
pk Malik Umer Farooq Replied 6 years ago

Thanks helpful

us Jessie Abernathy Replied 6 years ago

I want to thank you again for all your help Zetman.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Basically it depends on the server configuration on the receiver's side which way an incoming mail will be delivered.

The target owner may have defined any filtering rules you can think of starting from blacklisting your ip completely or verifying whether a reverse lookup of your ip is results in your hostname again.

Next, the individual mailbox owner may have defined additional rules how and where to save incoming mails.

That said it would be helpful if you know at least some receivers personally in order to contact them and find out together what's special with your invitation mails.
Maybe a "no-reply" address triggers some filters, or maybe part of the subject and/or the body?

In case you have no idea what's going wrong on the other side all you can do is trying to send the invitation manually, starting with an exact 1:1 copy of the Ossn generated mail and change any of the above parameters step by step and see what happens.
Good luck.