Notification via Email vs. topbar Notifications. (Group wall post comment)

rik mye Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

Before I purchase this component, the sales Information given only talks about notifications via email. but what about 'internal' notifications to the top bar?

For example In the case where there are hundreds of groups, it would be useful for each member of a group to be 'discreetly' informed on the top bar when an additional post or comment is made. Otherwise it's large task to check all the group just on the chance that someone updated one of them. On the other side receiving emails for every single post would become irritating after a while.

Can someone confirm with this component that notification for group posts will appear on the topbar and at the same time I can switch off Email notification for group posts.

thanks

Replies
dk Stina Højgaard Replied 6 years ago

@Rik could you explain how you managed to get a notification to appear when someone posts in a group please?

at Rik mye Replied 6 years ago

I found a manual solution by hijacking the OSSNinvite (email) and OSSNpoke (topbar) functions. Simply by breaking out from the whichever Action script (wall/poke/friends request etc) I can either sent an email or a top bar notification to the user.