Component working on WAMP localhost but not working on LInux server

Ondrej Janicko Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

Hi Arsalan,

I fullfill the test task for developers for devlopment pool component for SoftLab24. I have fully working pool component under localhost WAMP envarioment. But when I tested this pool component under Linux Debian Apache PHP7.0 server there is strange behavior. After form where is possible enter the pool question is called action but OSSN freezes on this action call. The web browser http adress freezes on the action http. The Chrome developer tools said the status code is OK, but with no response and no code preview. On localhost WAMP it works but no on Linux.

Where should be problem?

Thanks.

Replies
Slovak Ondrej Janicko Replied 6 years ago

Thanks hor hints.

I tried them befour. None of them works in my case.

I am sending the component code to SoftLab24.

Thanks.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Following can be causes:

1. Header already send error, which is caused due to blank space(s) in start of php files before <?php tag.
  2. Try to put &lt;?php echo 1; exit; in start of your action and see what is appearing?
  3. If you share code on my email on softlab24 i can take a look the issue and then can notify you here the cause of issue.

Maybe I found solution for me. I will map samba under my VirtualBox Linux Debian with production OSSN install end use Windows editors but editing files on Linux filesystem.

;-)

Littlebit work in night :-)

Thanks Zet for yours suggestions.

I tried install OSSN under my domain on shared hosting but failed with 500 Internal Server Error.

OK. I tried Arsalan WMware image. It is version 4.3.1 but anyway it works fine.

I tested my pool component code on this image and with same result - it freezes on action call.

OK. I tried imply simple dumb code to action file to test but it freezes too. So I still think that it is not problem in my code because this code works under WAMP, but now after Arsalan image test it seems that is not also the server problem.

What to do? OK, the problem will be then in my code. OK. But I have no idea what is wrong. The rest communication of this matter I will post with SoftLab24.

The question is what developer envarioment should be used for right OSSN development? Under Windows there are great code editors wich I would like use. But OK I will change that.

What development envarioment configuration and installation are you recomended for OSSN development?

I use VirtualBox with Linux Debian Stretch for production testing, but for development is easiest way to use WAMP, because I edit the files in windows and directly test them under running WAMP. Copying edited files between Windows and Linux is toomuch complicate. Than it is better do completly development under Linux. Then What editor are you recomend?

Probably I will test NetBeans PHP IDE under Linux.

Thanks.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Honestly I wouldn't care too much about any Wamp when my job is/was developing some stuff for Ossn, since running Ossn under Windows isn't recommended anyway.

In case you don't have a native Linux machine handy: The virtual machine Arsalan made available here is an easy to use and reliable replacement running flawlessly under Win10 64. Setting it up and installing the latest ossn will take no more than 30 minutes.

Thanks, Zet for response.

I know that you do not know about my pool component enything but that it no question. I am sure that my component code is OK. It is working on my localhost WAMP instalation.

The question is about server side. I was guessing that you mayby have experience with diffrent behavior of locale windows development iinstallations and real production Linux server.

I know that you can not see what I have on my computer. Only asking if you do not have similar experience.

Sorry if it was not clear from my previous post.

But I know.

In next day I will install OSSN on my domain on internet and I will test my component there and you will have access to this site.

Thanks for response.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

I see: There's a problem on line #13 of your action.

But seriously Ondrey: Are you really expecting some helpful hints from a report like that?
We don't have the slightest idea about your "Pool" component. So how could we know what's going wrong?

No error on error_log . I have switched on error log under OSSN.

OSSN 4.4 normaly works on this tested Linux Debian.