Layout Question about right side content

Michael Hall Posted in Theme Development 6 years ago

I am running WAMPServer on my PC for testing different CMS platforms, and today I set up OSSN 4.6.

I've tried a couple different themes, and I'm noticing that almost all of the home page content is on the left side of the page. I'd like to balance the page with more content on the right side, but all I'm getting on the right is the new member section.

I set up the HTML component which will help, but am I missing something with placing content on the right side of the page, or is this a limited option?

Replies
us Michael Hall Replied 6 years ago

Z-Man,

Thanks. I haven't done coding for years, not sure I want to get into creating themes and such, but I may take a stab at making a simple component or two as time allows. An event component would be great if I could wrap my head around it; again, it's been awhile.

So far I like this system, just getting a feel for it....

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

As you have noticed already,
the look and feel of an Ossn site is highly configurable by means of additional components and/or different themes. That said, Ossn basically has no limited options - it just needs some coding to make them available.

Lately someone asked for having no right column at all, and I did the WideWall theme https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/2683/goblue-wide-wall
You want right the opposite - okay: you're welcome to create a theme like that.