Can I develop a commercial for profit website using OSSN?

Michael Ruddock Posted in General Discussion 6 years ago

Hello

Apologies in advance if this is a really obvious question, but I can't easily find an answer.

I plan to build a public facing, commercial, for profit website, it would have many of the features that OSSN already offers. So instead of wasting my time, I was wondering can I download OSSN, install it on my server and assimilate it into my website? If yes then are there any licensing implications? What if I extend or modify OSSN, what then?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
Interlingue Michael Ruddock Replied 6 years ago

@ArsalanShah

You've been very helpful, thank you.

Kind Regards

Michael

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

@ArsalanShah

OK thanks, that's great to know.

And I presume the same is also true for the Premium version of OSSN?

Thanks very much.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Hi, yes you can use OSSN as commercial website by means you can make money using it. Keeping license in mind. Yes one part of license is leaving powered by OSSN in footer (visible). You can change images, logos , colors etc.

@ArsalanShah

Thanks for replying and thank you for the link. I've read the licence and my understanding is yes I can build a public facing, for-profit website which uses OSSN.

To clarify, I intend to build an educational website, that offers courses for a monthly subscription fee. To encourage interaction between the students I planned on adding social functionality, then a friend suggested I use OSSN instead, so I would not be "reinventing the wheel".

I must leave "powered by OSSN" at the foot of the pages, that's fine with me, I wouldn't want to deny you any recognition.

So can anyone please confirm I'm correct is my assessment. I don't mean to be pedantic. I just don't want to waste time using OSSN if its not allowed.

Also does anyone have any links to live websites that use OSSN?

Thanks very much.