Installation of new components is not working on VPS

Andrés Robles Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

Hi there,

i installed my ossn website on my new Digital Ocean VPS. First time i did it, i just imported the database with all components on there, but didn't work very good.. some pictures wont show and some pages wont open css, etc, etc...

So after that, i installed the db from scratch, with the installer.. Everything went good this time, but the only thing missing is that i can´t install components... its weird because i can install the same files in my localhost, but when i try to install them in the VPS it gives me the message: Cannot upload component, make sure is a valid package.

I need help plzzz
Thank you very much

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

There are clear instructions on how to report an issue listed in https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

Every component has its name - there's no need to post mysterious links instead.

So please install the system info component and provide the url of your site.

cl Andrés Robles Replied 6 years ago

There is not error_log file generated after failing on installing component..

What i did is that i installed the DB again, and now i can install most of them but 2..

But still same problem, i can install on localhost, but not on VPS..

Here are the components..

https://we.tl/m2HXz3RYlG

Andrés,
can we still expect any useful input from your side? If not, this thread will be closed.

• jump to YOURSITE/administrator/settings/basic
  • switch Error Reporting to ON and save
  • Try to upload any component
  • provide the file named error_log located in your Ossn installation directory
Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions