Make friends online section wider on right side?

David Reid Posted in General Discussion 6 years ago

I am using the Goblue theme. On the right side where it says Friends Online, how can i make that wider?

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

all you need to do is edit the width property of the class ossn-chat-windows-long in components/OssnChat/plugins/default/css/OssnChat.php

change the default value of 175px to whatever you want.

you're welcome. for the record, I'm willing to bet your other topic (font on the left sidebar) will not receive a single reply, or if you do get any replies, they will likely tell you the same thing I did - to read through the documentation/examples yourself and at least make some kind of effort before requesting that others do the work for you.

au David Reid Replied 6 years ago

No need to be rude.

i didn't say you were going to find exactly what you're looking for at that link, i said you can use other themes that have resized elements from the goblue theme to figure out what you want to do. this is an open source community, generally if you want a feature, you're either going to have to make it yourself or hire somebody to write custom code for you. it really shouldn't be too hard to figure out resizing some sections if you're at all decent with html and css.

au David Reid Replied 6 years ago

Thank you but not what I'm after. I still want to keep the ads section. Where the friend section is on the right side, it only shows the friends profile picture. I want it to show the names too.

you can learn how to edit themes by taking a look at how elements are resized in this example: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/2683/goblue-wide-wall