Uploading Videos on timeline as a post

Douglas Simao Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

HI, I would like to understand what is the reason behind it:

softlab team told me it is not possible posting videos in the timeline, whoever checking the code in OssnWall.php in the line 78 from version 4.6, I just needed to include in the array the video extentions "mp4" and in the post render check if it is a image then user img tag otherwiser user video tag

What was the reason it is not supported by default?

Replies
ng Abduljeleel Yusuff Replied 3 years ago

Dear all,
I have a premium video component install with ffmpeg utility installed,
When I am trying to upload a video, I am getting an error "video upload fail"

I will be very grateful for any support from you all.

Thanks

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

@Bansh33, and @Douglas, the concept for videos component and the image posting from wall is completely different.

OSSN is created to allow only post image with wallpost, OSSN is designed to run on simple hosting providers without requirement of other tools.

Video component requires special configuration and the ffmpeg tools which not all hosting service have.

Both things have different tasks, and the video posted from video component comes by default on wall post (on home page).

And the feature of video not allowed to post using wall post , have the reason same as mentioned below by Zet!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

mp4 is a general purpose media container, a file of this type may include anything. That's why you would struggle with simple logic like "if .mp4 then video".
And even if the uploaded file is in fact a video, not every codec is supported by every browser.
For more details, see
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

its probably done for the reason i specified - they want you to use the (premium) videos component.

gb Douglas Simao Replied 6 years ago

outside of that.. the same component for timeline where you do normal posting,

I do have the posting video but then all the videos are apart from the timeline that kind of split the content

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

do you mean using the videos component, or outside of that? if you're talking about posting a video without the use of the videos component, the reason is probably because they want you to use the videos component. https://www.softlab24.com/product/view/34/videos-upload