How can i get Explore friends or people you may know that every one can see members of the site

Mohamed Nur Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

The new member is very difficult to get friend so how can i get Explore friends or people you may know that every one can see members of the site

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

if you want you can email me for a quote on a custom (paid) component, [emailremoved]

As Z-Man said, there's a lot of different possibilities for suggesting friends - for example, is it based on mutual friends, mutual interests in their profile, or some other possibility? you need to decide a lot more about how you want it to work beyond just "I want friend suggestions for my users".

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Honestly I'm far from having a detailed knowledge about the algorithm behind those facebook "friend suggestions". All I know is that facebook is registering almost every click you did - right in opposite to Ossn. And that's why Ossn in fact has no idea where to generate any substantiated proposals from.

Zuang Mohamed Nur Replied 6 years ago

I see that but now i want to get in the ossn wll like this people you may now like facebook

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

I made a post a while ago about how you can make new members automatically have 1 or more friends upon registering: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/2877/automatically-make-new-user-friends-w-admin

you could also check out the LatestMembers component as it includes a side bar which displays recent users who have signed up