Network down folling the refresh of the cache

OSSN USER Posted in General Discussion 5 years ago

I added and make the translation of the 2 lasts components i've installed : TextArea Support and Country.

When i translated the countries, I refreshed the cache, all were right.
When i translated the TextArea Support, Irefreshed the cache, it tooks a long long time and I had a message "Bad Gateway" (I think it was a problem coming from my host).
Now my netwok is down, i have just a white page when i log on.
How to "force" the cache and to fix it please ?

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Thanks for your feedback.

You can do me a favor and send your translations as zipped attachments to [email protected]

I'll talk to Arsalan whether it would be possible to implement a workaround if the cache files appear to be corrupted/incomplete/not in place. From what you said it looks like your network conncection was going doing right in the middle while rebuilding the cache directory.

Dutch OSSN USER Replied 5 years ago

Thanks,
I made the test, only to go to the database and to put the cache at 0 is enough (I made this test cause for me it didn't came from the translation, so the file was ok).
It was clearly a problem of cache not a problem of file.
Now I know it for the next time.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago
  1. start your FTP tool
  2. remove that broken language file from components/TextareaSupport/locale directory
  3. remove cache folder from Ossn installation directory
  4. login to your provider's cpanel
  5. start PHPMyAdmin or similar database tool
  6. select the database of your site
  7. on the left, select the row ossn_site_settings
  8. on the right edit the row named cache and change the value from 1 to 0
  9. click Ok bottom right to save the new setting

That's it. Your site should be accessable again.

Before you start fixing your syntax error in the language file: READ THE DOCUMENTATiON!
It's clearly said to DISABLE cache and TURN ON error reporting in section III. of https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/2132/how-to-translate-ossn