How can i activate notifications for users

jojo lapraline Posted in General Discussion 5 years ago

Hello all,

How can users receive a notification ( mail ) when there is a new post, new comment ?
Is there a component for that ?

Sorry but i dont find a search tool here, even when i am logged and look at right bottom.....
( add discussion - friends - settings --------------- welcome- my name - LOGOUT --
on macbook air...... that's all i see.

Replies
Byelorussian Jojo lapraline Replied 5 years ago

Thank you Bansh33 !
Great and complete answer, but too difficult to realise for me....
Have a nice day !

Dan

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

also, this is where you should see the forum's search box (lower right corner):

search box

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

there are 2 basic possibilities:

1) you could write a component which creates hooks for all of the events that you want to generate an email notification. using that method, you could send an email at the time that the event actually happens.

2) if you want to send something like a weekly newsletter, you'll have to do that by writing a command line script that you install into your crontab. you can google how to add entries to your crontab and view what you currently have in there.

Byelorussian Jojo lapraline Replied 5 years ago

Thanks Arsalan....

Maybe i didn't explain very well what i meant with "notification"....
I mean, is it possible that all users receive A MAIL , let us say, every week, to tell them that there are new posts to read on the site.
Or when someone replies to a comment .....

I work also with wordpress and in this case, there are plugins installed for that.
I wondered if there is a component or something to activate ?

Anyway, have a good day
Dan

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Do you see the 3 icons message, friends, notification? in topbar , top right side. ? (in goblue theme).