Messages and notification is not working

armaan singh Posted in Theme Development 5 years ago

messages and notification is not working, how to work?

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Thanks for reporting, Steven.

I can confirm the issue (just left a note on the component's page)

To my opinion using lazyload with Ossn is a step into the wrong direction anyway. If your hosting package is too slow to deliver some images in an appropriate time it won't be able to handle the necessary database queries in a satisfying way neither.

Tatar Steven downer Replied 5 years ago

I think I have found at least one of the culprits for this issue..

Lazy Load Images 1.1..

A simple Enable/Disable components one at a time shows that Lazy Load Images prevents the Messages and Notifications buttons from being correctly activated and the spinning wheel.

I have only now noticed that Lazy Load Images has been tagged as "This component/theme didn't works with latest OSSN version.".

Without sending a message or a notification the component works well and I would request that when you have time that you look into it, for OSSN pages with lots of images it does work, then breaks the Messages and Notifications.

I am not saying this is the root cause, but a simple Enable/Disable shows it does cause the problem....I will attempt to determine if any other components equally affects it.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Perhaps you should provide some logs to find out what is issue? enable the display errors in admin panel and when this appears simply look into error_log file.

I should say " I have NOT tried the issue in the free version" only in the premium version

I appreciate these are the "non premium" pages, however, I have tried the issue in the "free version.

I have installed the latest OSSN 5.1 .....created an admin and a user...

sending messages to each other shows as a "number" but when clicked on the messages or Notification button on the GoBlue theme top bar....the dialog box open but the cursor just spins and spins and shows no messages ...

I have tried this twice with 2 new installations, new databases, new usernames, passwords, etc... same issue.

perhaps this type of issue is what Armaan is speaking of.

And yes, I am aware of the "report a bug" page but was searching the forum first to see if it has been reported first.

I thought I had it resolved by deactivating the Private Network Component (this is causing a separate issue of breaking the image links to profile and group cover images) but flushing the caches several times does not help and there are no other "new" components other than is attached to the 5.1 version.

I am now considering reverting back to v 5.0...or even 4 to determine if the problem is with the version or not. I did not have this with v 4.

Thanks

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

what about the messages/notifications is not working exactly?

in Armaan singh Replied 5 years ago

messages and notification is not working in header section, how to work?