Lazy Load Images | Make the website loading bit faster

Arsalan Shah Posted in Performance and Scalability 5 years ago

A new component has been release https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/3515/lazy-load-images

Make the images load after the website is loaded to avoid user waiting to finish the loading animation of page. (Load the page bit faster and delay the loading of images first).

Website owners who are facing their home page loading slower (newsfeed page slower) can try this component.

Created in favor of discussion going on here : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/3510/how-to-show-that-a-page-is-loading-instead-of-the-rotating-circle

Replies
se Johannes Genberg Replied 5 years ago

Yes, the 1.1 version doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

You said 'I tried it and it is indeed fast' does this mean the first version?

OK, I removed it and reinstalled it twice. Both times I could see no difference between having it enabled or not. It still waits until all pictures are loaded before showing anything, wheel spinning the whole time.

No, I just reinstalled the new one. I will try that.

Did you deleted old component first and the installed new one?

I just tried it and I think it's broken. It loads very slowly and in the end it only show some of the pictures.

Please let me know if the v1.1 works for you or not? And you may still find issues as this component is just created without much testing! Bug reports would be much appreciated!

Will try to upload new version.

I tried it and it is indeed fast, but it got a bug. It doesn't try to load the images on the right panel in non-mobile mode until you scroll down the page. And it doesn't try to load the images in the OSSNChat component at all.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions