Why not to have a Component that grants users to chose their theame

Ranjan Rai Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

As we all know every body is different and every body have different taste, so I was thinking it would be a great idea to give the freedom to chose their theme from the list of the installed them of OSSN, and can do this from ones setting page.

Replies
in Ranjan Rai Replied 4 years ago

Now I got your point.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago
  1. Responsiveness: wouldn't help if one theme comes with a landscape cover and the other with portrait cover
  2. Functionality: The latest Goblue for example comes with an option to display the content of the right sidebar on top of the newsfeed on smaller devices. So what if the admin relies on displaying some important information there, but some older themes are missing that option?

Have in mind that themes are/were made by different contributors who might not feel obliged to update their work whenever other themes got updated.

The theme will become active only after login and for non-login user the site can render the theme that is been set from admin section.

I thinks each themes use to pull the data from the database and themes use to place it accordingly in correct location in order to get a complete website, so I personally don't fell there is any great issue, as almost every themes are responsive and they feats well on any screen.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

because different themes may have different dimensions and different functionality.