Blank page after fresh install

Markos Keir Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

Hi All,

I've just done a fresh install of OSSN on to a brand new server.

I have installed all of the prerequisites and run the installation script. After the installation is complete, I am redirected to <domain>\administrator and I get a blank screen.

The error logs did show an error about copying htaccess.dist to .htaccess, during installation, but nothing else is logged when I try and access my ossn site. I've been looking at this for 2 days now and am at a complete loss as to what could be wrong. Any ideas?

Replies
au Markos Keir Replied 4 years ago

There were definitely many permissions errors. When I ran the verifyperms.php scripts it showed I have the wrong owner and wrong permissions on most folders. I have now corrected this for my root (recursively) and also my data directory. But still no luck.

Do I need to somehow run the install again now that the permissions are resolved? When I go to installation url it says it's already installed.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Looks like you have permission issue, if i consider the error log, how come you passed the initial installation process?
Did you tried to copy installation/config/htaccess.dist to the root of your domain?

You should see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error CASE A and let us know.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions