Component for displaying an RSS feed on News Feed

Mateo XRP Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

I'm using Awesome theme. It would be awesome to have a component that displays an RSS feed of news stories along the right hand side of the news page. Preferable I would like it if the user could control the feeds of stories that are displayed. This is not something I need to have right away, but it would be a nice thing to have. If anyone is willing to develop this component let me know and I would be willing to compensate accordingly. Thanks.

Replies
us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

Ok, something from 2005 :) I get it. How is people sopose to post in there? Do you want just a RSS reader from one source?

If you want an rss reader that will grab X ammount of links from your desired source, I can do that.

Supply mi with rss link so I can find reader that will fit.

us Mateo XRP Replied 4 years ago

Sorry let me clarify further. When I say the feed will display 'news stories' i mean actual news headlines, not peoples postings on the site. The idea is you could plug in a link to an RSS feed like this one! http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss and then the top stories from CNN will be displayed in the area to the right of the wall.

Here is what it looks like on Twitter:
enter image description here

Sorry, not familiar with twitter at all. So you want basically 2nd user feed next to original? Like a little guest book?

us Mateo XRP Replied 4 years ago

Sorry I was not clear enough. "Awesome" is the name of the theme I'm using. It came with the premium version of the software. Basically what I want is the ability to display a list of news stories along the right hand side of the page similar to what twitter has. I figured RSS feeds could be one way to do it. Ideally it would be great if the user had the ability to add in the feeds they want to see on their page.

What is an "Awesome" theme? And I didn't really get what you trying to do. "News page" as an "User Feed"? Can you show an example, or. I'm lost in trying to picture what ur idea is.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions