Component for displaying an RSS feed on News Feed

Mateo XRP Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

I'm using Awesome theme. It would be awesome to have a component that displays an RSS feed of news stories along the right hand side of the news page. Preferable I would like it if the user could control the feeds of stories that are displayed. This is not something I need to have right away, but it would be a nice thing to have. If anyone is willing to develop this component let me know and I would be willing to compensate accordingly. Thanks.

Replies
us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

Here is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna create a component for this, so Admin can edit a link in admin section. That will be that, so every body can use it, and be safe.

And just for you, I will create similar one but for users ONLY. And if you don't like it, you can delete it, and install one for admin.

Every body wins.

I see what I can do.

us Mateo XRP Replied 4 years ago

I would like to give the user the ability to control it. If they enter a feed will it persist or will they need to re-enter it every session? If you think it will cause problems to let the user enter it you can set it to be admin only. Or maybe if I can get both. Would you mind that? That way I can try it out with user control and if it causes problems I can disable and enable the version that uses admin control. Thank you so much for your help on this!

That is just a sample. Still need to place that url submission inside admin panel.

But if you want to live that submission for users, I can live it there.

Roman, that is just what I'm looking for. You put that together really quickly.

enter image description here

Throw me an updates on this.

I personally don't think it is such a good idea to let users be in charge of a rss feed. Let me scramble something together and well go from there.

Either way would be OK. If the user could control it that would be preferable though (maybe through a custom user field?).

enter image description here

So user can post rss links. Or just admin? just don't see how you want users to control it?