Any plans to update GoBlue or a clone of it?

bryce alvord Posted in Theme Development 4 years ago

I'm curious if there are any plans to create an updated version of GoBlue with current bootstrap UI or possibly a material style design? I saw the FullBlue theme and it's very blue as it implies but it is pretty personalized for people who want a dominant colored theme that isn't a traditional white, black, or dark theme which is great but probably not relatable to all. I wasn't looking for a new project but if I was given some direction it might tempt me to give it a whirl myself. Thoughts? Info?

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

I don't see any use of the updated version boostrap or to use material UI, unless you wanted something from it. Current version we used fits our need. When i first used bootstrap my purpose only was to create a grid system and responsiveness classes of those grids. Since you have Awesome theme , you may see how it used bootstrap 4.x

Besides that i am not focusing much on which number we are using but on the functionality of OSSN.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Hmm ... honestly I have never counted the number of REAL bootstrap UI elements I'm using with GreenByGreen.

So, if they're just a few and the new ones even look almost the same it wouldn't make much sense.
And if they're completely different it wouldn't be GreenByGreen anymore. :)