Block user component

Everwijn Overberg Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

Hello,

In the OSSN package there is a block user component. However, it appears not to block anything at all and the ability to block a user completely(Like on Facebook where when you block a user it is like that user does not exist and vice versa) is essential for the way I want to run my network( https://urubin.nl ). What would it take to get such a feature for OSSN?

Kind regards,

Everwijn Overberg

Replies
Dutch Everwijn Overberg Replied 4 years ago

Thanksk Arsalan, set the site to friends only. Good idea and will certainly work as a temporary fix. It will buy me time to find a more permanent solution because I would like that newsfeed running so all members, especially new ones will see plenty of content. But for now it solves my immediate problem!

Cheers!

Well so far I shut down all non-essential components and it still won't work! It is giving me a headache LOL!

Thanks, I'll have a go at it!

German Andre kutzner Replied 4 years ago

you already have a problem with the reg what is your date format
Play video

there are components that do not get along I also have the premium version and am satisfied I also had a troublemaker but the block system works for me you can come to my site to test it try to remove components to old lead to problems I have noticed this z you work a lot to wait until then or do it yourself

Hi Andre,

Wish mine worked like that. When I do what you show in the video I do not get the blocked page I get the user's timeline and so do my members when they try.

I asked at Softlabs but it seems to be very difficult so I thought I'd ask here to see if there any alternative solutions. At this point I would allready be happy if users who blocked eachother would not be able to send messages and see eachother's timeline. But they can and I have their complaints to prove it LOL!

Hi with the Premium Version you can see the video in the list. If it does not appear, you cannot undo it.
Version 5.4
Play Video