Stories Components need develop more

Saqib Saleem Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

Hi Mr Arslan Shah
I am used stories components its great work but i want users add smart clip of video in story so i hope you work on its very well

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

@John Miller and Sri Visjaya Yogi

• The Stories component is part of every Ossn Premium release.
  • Although a managed server is recommended in general to run Ossn reliably and without the often annoying response times of shared hosts, a managed server is NOT a pre-requisite to run the Stories component.

@Nathan Bliss and David Vaccaro

• The currently available Stories component has been coded to allow the upload of PHOTOS only. Thus, having FFMPEG installed or not doesn't make a difference at all. The photo resizing is done by PHP's GD-extension which is a must-have for every Ossn installation from the beginning.
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Stories doesn't require ffmpeg, the issue can be the combined size of all images you upload at once in stores maybe larger then the total size allowed by your provider, for more details and for debugging the issue on your end contact softlab24.com

us David Vaccaro Replied 3 years ago

We do have FFMPEG on our servers and are using the premium version but it still does not work. Just to clarify.

us Nathan Bliss Replied 3 years ago

John... I believe because they host the FFMPEG portion of this that is required in order to convert photos. I have it installed on my premium version but still can not get it to work as I am using shared hosting which will not allow for FFMPEG on shared hosting because of resource usage. VP or Dedicated hosting would have this option.

ph Sepiroth X Replied 3 years ago

Is there a story component?

us John Miller Replied 3 years ago

The SOFTLAB24 site says this is available only for managed sites, anyone know why this is??