Need help : Adding user

Joaquim Mussassa Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

My installation of Open Source Social Network does not allow me to add a new user (from the user side). The user is allowed to join but never receives the e-mail for activation, and can not log in.

Replies
RANSES LORA Replied 9 years ago

and how I can put the translation in Spanish

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

I believe with version 1.8 you have to set up a mail server or activate them yourself in the Admin panel. I have never worked with version 1.8.

RANSES LORA Replied 9 years ago

when they want to create a user is supposed to send an activation email but does not as correct as it or turn off please I have the version 1.8

mz Joaquim Mussassa Replied 9 years ago

Thank you... it worked fine...

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

The reason for that is you have to have a mail server but if you do not wish to have a mail server you can go here and download this component.

http://community.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/243/user-auto-validation

Then login into your website and in the upper right corner is a little down arrow click on it.

1. Then go to where it say's Adminstration and click on that.

2. Then on the left side of the screen you will see componenets and below that you will see installer click on that.

3. Then another screen will come up and where it say's to choose file click on that and pick the file you just downloaded.

4. After you have done this click on upload then it will install the component .

5. Now you will need to click on components just above the installer option and then page down until you see the name of the component the click enable.

Your done.