CHANGING GREENBYGREEN COLOR SCHEME TO ANOTHER

Sepiroth X Posted in Theme Development 3 years ago

Good day everyone!

I'm totally new in this and I really need a guide. I don't have any knowledge about php or bootstrap but somehow I am familiar with html and css. I'm quite satisfied with greenbygreen template for the social media I am creating. I just wanna ask, is there any way for me to change the color scheme of the template? Like, instead of green, just change it to any color I want? Can any of you guide me to which file(s) I have to edit to achieve this goal?

I appreciate your help! More power!

PS: Please tell me where to start to equip myself with developing OSSN because I really want to contribute and help the community.

Best regards!

Replies
gb Kevin B Replied 3 years ago

Thats cool ~Z~. I was thinking about how to implement it too. I was thinking of having a small CSS file that consists of the named variables for things like "main-background" , "main-button-color", "interface-primary", "interface-secondary" etc.

Have two files that just contain these variables - one called light.css... the other dark.css...

The admin panel allows you to set the colours of each of those variables... and then saves them to those mini css files.

In the code, you include either one of those CSS files depending on whether you are "Dark" or "Light" mode.

Replacing the default CSS might not be too much of a problem. Find a colour - lets says its the white background, use notepad++ to search and replace "background-color: #ffffff;" with "background-color: var(--main-background);" etc...

There will be some tweaking, but I think it may work... only thing I don't know is whether the CSS variables will work if they are stored in a different file?

ph Sepiroth X Replied 3 years ago

I'm needing a multi-language selector for my website, like for a user's front-end to have their preference.. do you think it's difficult to do?

Wow that's cool!!! That's a great development Sir! Kudos!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Maybe a future release of GreenByGreen will include a COLORIZER ;)
I've started working on it, but it's a mammoth task to bring together the affected CSS statements.

enter image description here

Hello Admin, please close this thread, it's already solved. Thanks!