Photos... seems to be a problem with creating albums (?)

Philip Lozier Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Getting close to putting my site to the public, and inspecting functions all around, and I came to this problem:

I go to my profile page... I click the "photos"tab, which brings me to the proper page. I see 2 albums there, one for profile pictures, one for cover photos. OK. Upper right hand corner, there is a button "create album". I click on it:

Nothing happens. It just sits there.

Before clicking, it displays its primary color, black. When I click it, it displays its hover color, blue. It never changes back. just, nothing.

This also brought me to another realization. Since I have gone through a few versions of test apps for the site, I uploaded several pictures and videos to test the function out. The pictures post, and show up in the feed, but there is no album created for timeline photos, or uploaded photos, or anything. Is this default behavior? The uploaded videos show up in "my videos", I would think photos would show up, too, since it is one of the most very basic of functions, and one of the most sought after by users.

Is there anything I am missing, that I should be checking in to here??? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Phil

Replies
us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

***** UPDATE *****

Okay... after coming back to it, it seems that it is a Firefox thing. I used the app I had made, and it created an album... blank... I had to upload after I created the album. I then tried it with Crhomium, under Ubuntu 18.04, and it worked fine.

I will see if it does the same on Firefox in Windows in the morning. Time for bed.

Mine upload fine when posting on the wall or newsfeed, but not when selecting to upload directly within the profile. I have the paid multi upload component as well, so... idunno. Also, like I stated, the photos that are getting posted in wall or newsfeed posts aren't getting saved anywhere but within the posts themselves.

ph Sepiroth X Replied 3 years ago

Hello Philip... Mine seems to work fine. It's just that I can't upload multiple photos on newsfeed. I can only upload multiple photos via album created .... I'm using greenbygreen template as base ..