How can I remove other unused language selections on my ossn & user front end?

Sepiroth X Posted in General Discussion 3 years ago

Hello Devs, salute to all of you!

Just wanna ask a question, how can I remove the other unnecessary languages in the selection of my ossn and on user front-end profile?

I assume, admin languages list connects with user's languages list right? I just need to keep necessary languages on the language selection (probably add other translations from other dialect) and remove the not relevant ones... which file(s) to touch?

Thank! :)

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Hala langauge selects will only show the languages installed removing language files ]

gr Hala Halaa Replied 3 years ago

guys which file, i need to edit to remove all languages i don't use in my site ? i use Language selector ?

ph Sepiroth X Replied 3 years ago

@Arsalan Shah , Ohh cool! Initially I thought of that but I was thinking if it would be against ossn.. Anyways thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it. Best regards and salute to all of you!

@Andre thanks Sir I can now close this thread with peace 😊

German Andre kutzner Replied 3 years ago

Arsalan Shah thank you would have written it the same way

What you can do is to either add it as different language and in langauge file edit its translation to Cebuano

For example you edit .fr french language and in language file translate 'fr' => 'Cebuano',

https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/2132/how-to-translate-ossn
OSSN only supports ISO 639-1 language codes (2 characters) you can not add more than 2 character types

@Andre I followed your instructions and indeed It removed the list of unnecessary languages on admin and on user front-end. Now my question is, how to add new languages? I mean, can I add dialectical languages that belong to ISO 639 -2 that have 3 letter codes?

I gave it a try tho. What I did, I added 'ceb' (iso 639-2 code I found for our local language) on libraries/ossn.lib.languages.php and also added "ceb"=> "Cebuano" on ossn/locale/ossn.tl.php (current language of website but it didn't work. What's the missing link?

Please give me insights . Thanks!

Perfect! This is what I've been looking for. Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate it! ;)

German Andre kutzner Replied 3 years ago

Hi do you mean the language setting in the profile
ossn profile plugin forms edit.php

line 43-52

<div>
<label><?php echo ossn_print('language');?></label>
<?php
    //profile edit form shows wrong default language #546
    $userlanguage = ossn_site_settings('language');
    echo ossn_plugin_view('input/dropdown', array(
                'name' => 'language',
                'value' => $userlanguage,