Adding Gifs (something like tenor, etc)

Tom Whiting Posted in Beginning Developers 3 years ago

So, I'm in the process of starting out a community , and would love to be able to add tenor, giphy, or something like this to the post/comment textareas. Unfortunately, while I'm rather versed with PHP, OSSN is a completely differet thing. If someone would be so kind as to point me to the general direction of where I need to get this started, I'd be appreciative

I did take a look at the 'welcome world' component (the one supposed to be an example), and it's rather vague unfortunately, not a ton of help there

This topic has been closed!
Replies
us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

@Arsalan Ahah ... when I say "user friendly", I mean, and I think Tom means, where users can be presented with choices of gif's to share. On the user end it is rather cumbersome to download gifs jsut to upload to a site. last i looked, it is a rather common and popular thing to post gif 'comments" on posts, and such, and I don;t see a single user going out of their way to find one, go through the process of downloading it, going back to the comment and posting it. Users just don't do that kind of stuff in today's internet world. Maybe it would make a good component? I would HAPPILY pay for it... very quickly... if it existed.

us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

@Arsalan Shah... unless I missed something with animated-gif-support when I tried it, seems the user needs to supply their own gif. My understanding from what Tom asked is that he was looking for something "user friendly".

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions