RSS Feed me and hosting company can not figure out where to put the code?

Charles Hill Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

What directory do you put RSS widget? I keep getting invalid rss url

Replies
us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

No. Whatever is contained in the feed, such as links, are by design of the feed provider, and are designed to take them to the original content. That's just the nature of it. I, myself, have many RSS feeds coming into my site for things like news aggregation. I use paid services for this. Even paying premium rates for 3rd party RSS services, clicking on the links is going to take you to the original authors site. That's just the way it is. Nothing to do with OSSN.

us Charles Hill Replied 3 years ago

RSS geed done...any way to keep them in website than redirecting them to the original site?

That doesn't help me...tools source code html sidebar?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Ooops, looks like I'm in the wrong movie... 🤔

OK, I have been patient....I can't find html sidebar or tools source code and I want this fixed before I drop $400 bucks for the source code....make this right please

I cant find the sidebar component unless its the one that says small devices?

html sidebar search? Html sidebar component

I will try, thank you

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Seems to be my problem, too.
Again: You should NOT put/change/remove any files inside of Ossn.

Instead,
- install the HtmlSidebar component on your admin backend as advised in the How-To
- still on the backend, click Configure->HTML Sidebar
- click Tools->Source Code
- enter your widget code
- click save twice

Maybe I didn't get my point across the right way....Here is just one nice looking widget to put on the right side of the newsfeed...I just don't know where in the directory where to put it with mobile at top and web to the right side

<rssapp-wall id="TPQsok86kXFNJbyv"></rssapp-wall><script src="https://widget.rss.app/v1/wall.js" type="text/javascript" async></script>