What rights do you get for purchasing premium

Greg Ratliff Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

if i purchase the premium version of this script is it mine to keep and modify how i see fit could i basically make my own social media platform commercially with it or am i in a sense restricted.. id like to eventually create my own social media platform and use this script but modify it.... if i purchase it is it mine to do so as i wish??

This topic has been closed!
Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Greg I am closing this thread related to premium must be asked at correct place softlab24.com and Bansh33 answers are clear about the use.

For free version license : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/licence/
For other version license please ask company directly.

For custom development you can contact Bansh33 this is the only person here I know who do OSSN custom stuff on community. So you can contact him on his profile. I know some people who are happy with his work.

us Rishi B Replied 3 years ago

"making it commercial" is a different issue entirely. I thought your OP was asking only about modifying the source, not reselling it - sorry if I misunderstood. You'll have to check the license to see what's allowed and what isn't as far as resale goes. If you just want to modify the source, though, you can do as you wish, but like I said earlier, it's not suggested that you modify core files unless you're an experienced developer. Also just be aware that you probably won't be able to ask for tech support if you modify core files.

yes, I am positive. I have modified the free version extensively. PHP packages always contain the source code (unless it's obfuscated or something, which ossn is not), that's how php works. That said, it isn't suggested to modify core files. If you're an experienced developer, however, there's nothing to stop you from doing so.

us Greg Ratliff Replied 3 years ago

are you sure about that because the softlab thing implies that you have to buy the premium to make it commercial i was under the impression that you are restricted to what you can do with free version

OSSN is written in php. That means even with the free version, you get the complete source code. That means you're obviously free to modify it as you see fit, but if you modify things like the "core files" you won't get much, if any, tech support.