Group posts are not reflecting in News Feed

Balamurali Govindan Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

When we post messages in groups it is visible in the groups home page, but this is not getting to the News Feed of all the members of the groups. Is this a bug or is it designed like this. Please excuse my ignorance if I am asking anything irrelevant. Thank You.

Replies
in Balamurali Govindan Replied 3 years ago

Can anyone familiar with the design, please throw some light on how the homepage of a visitor, news feed pulls data from various entities like posts, group posts, blogs, polls, marketplace listing, events, business pages, video uploads, mp3 uploads etc...

Thank You.

I have some common/simple/basic questions...

I believe the news feed is dynamically built for each user of the social network based on their choices...

Like based on my friends posting, my groups postings (this functionality is not built yet), ads rotation, etc

Some common items that get into the news feed for all users are "Polls", "Events", "Marketplace listing", "Blogs", "Videos", "Audios", "Profile photo" updates, "Business Pages" etc.

Is my understanding correct or am I assuming it? Please correct me. Thank You.

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 3 years ago

I rather think that it showing up in the feed, to increase engagement would be a very good idea, and that it should be standard behavior. We want users to have reason to stay on our site... and if you are a member of more than a couple of groups, that... can become tedious having to go from group to group to see what's new.
If nothing else, there should be a badge for new items in the group's listing.
-M.

Thanks Z-Man. The idea of a social network is to see everything interested for a user on their homepage/news feed. That way I would not miss anything. If I have subscribed to 10 groups intentionally, then posts in those groups should be visible on the homepage, otherwise, I will have to visit all the 10 groups each time and every time I login to the network.. Facebook and other popular SNs does display group posts on the homepage/news feed, so people are used to this and they might not know that in our network they need to visit each group to check the posts/articles etc.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Is this a bug or is it designed like this?

I think - Arsalan may correct me - it's designed that way on purpose. And it makes sense to me because it keeps things separate and I don't get flooded with things that don't interest me. If I've decided to join a group, I've done it for good reason - so what's the problem with visiting that group from time to time to see what's new?

Thanks for the reply. I understand "Business Pages" are not having the functionality to "Join" so there is no need for the posts to be published to the News Feed, but groups are critical to the social network and those messages posted in the groups are to be displayed in the News Feed of the users. Any possible solution for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

gr Hala Halaa Replied 3 years ago

its like this sadly.
i hope they edit it so we have it in the news feed ? that would be great for both Groups, and pages.

Lets wish the new update will come up with news :D

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions