Text Area of Post is not displaying users/friends when using @

Nik Fury Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

enter image description hereWhen using @ in text area its not displaying my friends. Is there any solution ?
Attached photo for reference

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Why not looking the JS file its not that hard, see https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/Mentions/blob/main/plugins/default/mentions/js.php you need to rewrite function for wall and edit selectTemplate to return without any html code

selectTemplate: function(item) {
            return '@' + item.original.value';
        },
in Nik Fury Replied 3 years ago

@Michieal - May I have ur email id plz? Its urgent requirement for me. I can share my files with you so that you can have a look . My email is : [email protected]

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 3 years ago

@Nikhil I do see where your solution is going awry, after looking at Allon's website.

It'd be a lot of work to modify the necessary components, especially since they are not documented like the main system is.

-Michieal.

us Allon Prooit Replied 3 years ago

Ok so, this has been developed so far by Nikhil Vinnakoti to show the @ selection field on the wall posts, just like facebook does. However, it is not complete and needs a little more fine tuning. So far you can on @ see a list of members that you can select from, when you select them though the input is off. You can see how it works so far on my network... HERE Go in as Guest, the password is 1234pass. Please help us make this work!

us Allon Prooit Replied 3 years ago

I too would like to see the Mentions component developed further to allow @ mentions on wall posts. The current system only lets you tag friends, whereas the Mentions component lets you @ mention anyone, but only for comments. Please consider adding the necessary code to the Mentions component to accomplish @ mentions for wall posts. Thanks Arsalan!

Hello Arsalan .Its a requirement from clients . They want in text area only. They dont want to click that button.I already told them. but they arent convinced. As soon as user types @ in text area without clicking button it should show frnds. Just like in facebook . Can I get your email id? I got some solution. Want to share it with you

Let me repeat it again its not a issue.

To tag a friend in post simply click the friends icon besides the location icon (the very first icon) and tag friends there.

enter image description here

Will pay money if someone fix the issue . Its urgent requirement in textarea. My email id:[email protected]

Yes I tried that. When I directly enter names without @ its displaying friends. I need to include @ functionality so when I try that its initially displaying friends when I type @ but the problem is if I enter some characters after @ its saying no results.

Again you are not reading components description read https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/4844/mentions-ui description again. The component description mentioned explicitly that its only work in comments.

To tag a friend in post simply click the friends icon besides the location icon (the very first icon) and tag friends there.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions