SMTP Component not working with SendGrid SMTP Server

Eyad Tamer Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

I have a problem with SendGrid where in the server details i don't know what to specify.. because in their documentation they say that i need to specify the username as "apikey" and the password as the actual api key then i save then it says it is connected, but when i try to reset password as an example, it fails (i know that ossn uses the username as the sender email, but when specifying the email it won't connect) so please add a box where you can specify what email you want to send with.

Replies
eg Eyad Tamer Replied 3 years ago

I have just figured out how to fix it and it's working! This is how i fixed it: Before moving to the SendGrid SMTP Server, I had already sending emails working but the difference is that it wasn't with my website's domain, It was with another domain I had so I moved to SendGrid. However, I have figured out that in Site Settings > Basic (In the Administrator panel) that my old domain that I was previously sending from was still in the Site Notification Email field so I changed it to my new emailing address

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

I also didn't received any email from you.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

is this the key you received from SendGrid?

and at least provide the other parts

@~Z~ I asked you where to provide them because of course the API Key (the password in my case) needs to be secret and I can't provide them here.

What a question. You've got problems. I was just trying to asure you entered the right stuff.

@~Z~ Where can i provide them?

Please provide the credentials you are connecting with in the Ossn SMTP component

@Arsalan The password itself is the api key that i said, look at this link from Sendgrid https://docs.sendgrid.com/for-developers/sending-email/integrating-with-the-smtp-api This is the only thing i found for sending emails using SMTP

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

I tried SMTP on smtp.com and it worked fine for me. I don't think you need to specify api key , SMTP need server name, username, password, port. Can you share details at [email protected] If you want I can try to debug