[BUG] User doesn't get notification of a comment in a own post if no reactions involved

Erassus ︎ ︎ Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

Steps:

User A: Create a public wall post in timeline.
User B: Replied the post of User A with a comment.
User A: Gets a notification for the comment, then the User A does a comment in the same post.
User B: Doesnt get notification of the comment of User A.

Tested with the .ova in vmware and in my production environment (feedback of my users)

Important note: No reactions involved.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Sorry, but still not quite ok.
Just tested on premium.informatikon.com:

• TU1 posted on TU2's profile
  • TU3 commented that post

Result:

• TU2 got comment notification
  • but TU1 not

Next issue:

• TU1 posted on Group wall
  • TU1 commented that post

Result:

• TU1 got comment notification
cl Erassus ︎ ︎ Replied 2 years ago

Hi Arsalan. Thanks for the reply, yes, the profile notification is now a separate topic. Back again with the test.

I made a test in http://premium.informatikon.com/

enter image description here

Notifications Test User One:

Notifications Test User Two:

Notifications Test User Three:

All working fine.

However i wanted to replicate that in my virtual machine.

I updated to PHP v8 and then tested. Here are the results:

User A Notifications:

As you can see, i'm missing 1 notification (the first) not sure why, perhaps i need to make a fresh install again and see php extensions. But overall, its working (in your site)

PHP version

PHP Packages

Thanks for the patience.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Sorry Hugo you are right with php version 7.x I forgot to mention that OSSN OSSN 6.2 will require PHP 8.x and when I tested on my cpanel http://premium.informatikon.com/ it gave same results as yours but then I realized that there are some functions used in 6.2 that is only available in php 8 so I switched to php 8 and it worked.

You are free to perform your tests on http://premium.informatikon.com/

Username: testuserone
Password : testuserone

Username: testusertwo
Password: testusertwo

Username: testuserthree
Password: testuserthree

(The site is basic OSSN 6.2 Dev)

Further I would like to mention that there is no notification when someone post on someone else wall, (Now there is new component for notification when someone post on someone else wall by Michael 😊 )
Here we are talking only about comments notifications

Hi, new test from fresh install using dev branch.

• User A and User B are friends.
  1. User A make a post in User B timeline.
  2. User B didnt get any notification.
  3. User B make a reply in the post.
  4. User A didnt get any notification.
  • User C joins to the conversation and make a reply in the post.

• User C is NOT friend of both user A and B.

1. User A didnt get any notification. No notification from user C reply. Empty notifications.
  2. User B get a notification reply from user C : "User C commented on the post."
  3. User A make a reply in the post.
  4. User B get a notification reply from user A : "User A commented on the post."
  5. User C didn get a notification reply from user A. Empty notifications.
  6. User B make a new reply in the post.
  7. User A didn get any notification. No notification from user B reply. Empty notifications.
  8. User C didn get any notification. No notification from user B reply. Empty notifications.

Also i want to mention another thing i found is related to notifications. When a user make a post in Groups component, nobody from the group get a notification, so nobody knows if a new post are in the group, users from my site didnt use the groups because nobody knows if anyone is making a post in the groups... so the groups gets zero activity...

Thanks for the response just made changes

https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/commit/07ac792cb8a5342f9bfa88f7e457e47fdd3d415a

Replace components/OssnComments/ossn_com.php with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/v6.x/components/OssnComments/ossn_com.php and try again.

Tested your last usecase

1. User A posted on User B (no notification)
  2. User A commented on post , Use B gets notification or
  3. User B commented on post , User A gets notification.

Can you try again please and if it works also try with 3rd user commenting to see if both A and B get comments. If this also work.

Please test on groups!

Hi, i installed ossn dev version successfully in my virtual machine running ubuntu with lamp and mod_rewrite.

I replicated the steps and the notifications still bugged.

Notifications of devuser1:

notifications of devuser 2:

console verification running ossn dev latest:

Thanks, i was unable to find the dev version in the github, i need to familiarize with that.

I upgraded with the /upgrade/upgrade.php and the system shows no upgrade, but i replaced the contents in the parent directory with the zip i think is running with the latest files, because i see some components updated.

Running the test again, same behavior, no changes. I will try to install from zero the dev version in a virtual machine to confirm later.

Hi, i made another lab test again with the fresh installation of ossn, and i verified im running latest ossn-v6.1-1633420776, here are the results:

Any response on this?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions