[BUG] User doesn't get notification of a comment in a own post if no reactions involved

Erassus ︎ ︎ Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

Steps:

User A: Create a public wall post in timeline.
User B: Replied the post of User A with a comment.
User A: Gets a notification for the comment, then the User A does a comment in the same post.
User B: Doesnt get notification of the comment of User A.

Tested with the .ova in vmware and in my production environment (feedback of my users)

Important note: No reactions involved.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Try to download development version https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork install it somewhere and test it. Once tested please let us know your findings as we made some changes. We need the feedback in order to finalize the bug fix.

cl Erassus ︎ ︎ Replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the reply Arsalan.

I think this issue is very important, because users doesnt know if another user are trying to interact. I hope others devs can help. I'm not a developer but i can understand code and try to debug and test.

I was thinking in a quick solution, example: a default "like" when a user post in another user timeline, so the notification can iniatialize. But is not a good solution anyway, only if there no another options to resolve the problem.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/issues/2053

There is no quick solution right now I am trying to simulate various solutions but non appears good to me.

cl Erassus ︎ ︎ Replied 2 years ago

Another similar behavior:

1. User A create a post in the profile timeline of User B.
  2. User B doesnt get notification.
  3. User B create a comment in the same post of step 1.
  4. User A doesnt get notification.

No reactions involved too.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions