Searching for people and groups

Curt Guldenschuh Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

When I click on the searchbox at the top bar I'm taken to a page to search for groups or people. No people come up on the page. When I click the link to search for people still no people come up. The search for groups seems to be working properly. What specific file is involved with this search? I'd like to go in and look for the bug.

Replies
us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 9 years ago

Well...at least it's working somewhat in 2.3. I'm still waiting to see it fixed in 3.0. 3.0 will still not bring up people when clicking the PEOPLE link on the search page.

I'm also hoping to see the comment boxes allow editing. I'd sometimes like to post an image without having to enter text. I'd also like to see more functionality in the messages area such as being able to delete messages in a conversation or even being able to delete old conversations. Being able to have multiple people in a chat would be nice. I know there are IRC channels. I prefer something on my own web space that isn't full of ads and trolls.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

Well we should provide a /members page (component)

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

In fact, ossnmembers doesn't help you getting better search results. All the last version did was forcing a lot of db overhead in order to display a handful of members.
Besides that: I wouldn't consider the old search behavior to be a bug: The less concrete your search string - the more results you got. There's nothing wrong with this logic.

I have that component but I turned it off...it seemed redundant.

I know as an admin I can go to the admin page and pull up a list of all members but i like how a non-admin user can merely click on the seachbox or link and pull up a full list of members.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

According to reference:

https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/blob/3.x/classes/OssnUser.php#L525-L528

This was a bug and is fixed, you can only get a users with specified searched term.

Hungarian Vilmos Molnár Replied 9 years ago

"space" and enter :)

Seems to be an intermittent event. I just went back to my site and entered an "a" in the searchbox and hit ENTER. I got members with an "a" in their name. I clicked on the links to search for people and it brought up a member list this time instead of a blank page. I returned to the newsfeed page and clicked on the searchbox...no character entry...and hit ENTER and was greeted with a list of members instead of a blank page.

On previous versions by clicking my mouse in the searchbox and hitting ENTER I was greeted with a page of members. Not so with ver 3.