Page name in url instead of number

georg yurij Posted in Component Development 2 years ago

Maybe a request for a future component is, the URL to a public Page can be defined by user, for exampe:

mysocialnetwork.tld/page/view/myownpagename

or better

mysocialnetwor.tld/myownpagename

Thanks alot

Replies
German Georg yurij Replied 10 months ago

Thank you, would it be feasible in the long term, e.g. with the next version jump of ossn? I think it's important that the name of the page also appears in the url, on facebook you can also freely choose the name for the url. If someone can support me with this, I would also dedicate myself to it, even if I'm not such a nerd, I already did some things myself with my forums back then.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 1 year ago

First off, I don't think the addressing of business pages will be changed as it would cause backwards compatibility issues.

Another aspect is: Having the Privat Network component in use, the current addressing mode allows to define one simple exception to display all pages which start with domain.tld/page. Otherwise you would need a dedicated rule for every single business page.

However, there is the possibility of simply appending a desired name to the real URL so that the address is more meaningful and can be remembered better by third parties.

That is: If the real address of your page is domain.tld/page/view/12345
you may share it as domain.tld/page/view/12345/whateveryouwant

German Georg yurij Replied 1 year ago

greetings,
I thought I ask again, I have now looked at the Buissnes Page component, unfortunately I have not dealt with php for a long time and I think it is not so easy to solve, because a query must take place, whether the page with the name in the url already exists.
It would be nice if the user could choose the url name his buisness page itself, also like only from a certain ranking or postcount etc. (as with youtube eg.).
Maybe an idea for future updates of the buisness page component.

German Georg yurij Replied 2 years ago

The URL of a OSSN Userprofile is "domain.tld/u/username"

Is it possible to change the URL of a Page to "domain.tld/p/pagename" instead of "domain.tld/page/view/'anynumber'" ?

German Georg yurij Replied 2 years ago

Yes of course, but at the moment there is actually a number instead of the name in the url.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Many possibilities user wanted to have same name of the page.