Email settings for my community

Graham ridge Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

Hi everyone , im having email issues , with my community , first i have the spf and dkim records working and the ptr in progress. But my real question is the two values , owner email ([email protected]) and site notification email ([email protected]) what should they be? Are they correct like they are? The emails are through cpanel account. Thank you.

Replies
Catalan Graham ridge Replied 2 years ago

Hi Eyad, i need it to send to gmail email addresses without it being blocked by google , i have all the necessary email records, Dkim, spf, dmarc, and ptr.

eg Eyad Tamer Replied 2 years ago

If you want it to send from [email protected], then change the notification email in basic site settings from [email protected] to [email protected], and if you want it to send from [email protected], then add a new email account in cpanel named [email protected] and change the username and password in the SMTP component settings to the new email's credentials. If you want it to send from a Gmail email ([email protected]), then please reply and I can try to help you.

Hi Everyone, Im focusing on the SMTP component from OSSN , and trying to get the right settings for it. im assuming people have got the smtp component working with gmail? the component works fine for sending to mail providers like protonmail, but i REALLY need it to send to gmail as well.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Click save after getting token from Gmail

Hi, so i guess my main problem is sending emails to gmail and the whole oauth 2.0 thing , as i can send to proton mail account successfully. If i select oauth2 in the smtp component in ossn and enter the details (correctly) do i have to wait for google to authenticate the connection for abit or will the smtp component just say its a successful connection? Thanks

so i tried sending it to my proton mail account and that works, but i need it to work for gmail...i have added my domains to google postmaster tools , i hope it can unblock me or whatever

hello , i have had a bad time with the whole email experience for OSSN, but i would like to resolve it regardless. I have the smtp component installed and it says the config is successful (non oauth) but i still cannot get email from my dedicated server to my gmail account. i have all the records i need i believe (SPF,DKIM,DMARC,and PTR) but it still wont work correctly. enter image description here

eg Eyad Tamer Replied 2 years ago

Hi Graham, the Disable Member Self Validating component may interfer with signing up (sending verification email). You may try to test the component by trying to request a Reset Password email, if you get the email, this means it's working.

hello i assume google postmaster tools is capable of unblocking my email address from my server and allowing me to send emails to gmail and all other email clients?

Ive tried the smtp component and it isnt working yet.. .could possibly be my dmarc record propagation, is there a way if my email server was blocked by google ,that i could unblock it? Also i have that component installed called disable member self validating 6.1 could it interfer?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions